Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter Engagement Session


Exaple of colorful bold clothes and grey backround as seen in the new GAP campaign

As we all know, the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with a photographer this time of year, but I have some interesting ideas to create a really unique session for those of you who are anxious to get things going!

When the skies are overcast, it is actually a prime time to go for a shoot. The light is soft without any harsh shadows and with my off camera flashes, we can make the light beautiful! So, here are my ideas...

You know a winter session is right for you if:
-You love Black and White pics! Duller colors of the season wont slow you down, they just add drama in your mind.
-You love moody pics. Bare trees would feel like an intersting idea
-You want your pics to be festive! Downtown is very colorful these days with holiday decor. (I have a couple that are planning to dress festive and formal and use the pics for their save-the-date and for their Chirstmas cards too!)
-You like the idea of wearing bright colors. I don't know if you have noticed this, but it seems like in all the fashion mags, there are dull grey backgrounds mixed with a lovey model wearing bright colors. I think it's very flattering and brings the attention right to the people in the picture.

Anyway, that is my two cents for those still trying to figure out what they want for their engagement session. Give me a call if you want to use any of these ideas for yourself.

That's all for now

No comments: