Thursday, January 10, 2008

Want to Lose Weight?

I just found this awesome website at fitday.com And it's FREE!!!

It's all about burning more calories in the day that you consume. I have been using it this week and lost 4 lbs! So, here is how it works, you make an account and enter in the info they ask for. The site makes a general estimate of how many calories you burn a day based on your answers. You can record the foods you eat during the day. A pound is about 3500 calories, so if you want to lose a pound per week, eat 500 less calories than you know your body burns on it's own. If you want to lose 2 lbs per week, eat 1000 less than your body burns. There are some really cool reports that will show you how much you have lost over a given time and for me, that is motivating.


taken from the biggest loser website (my favorite show these days!)

I have been trying to lose some weight myself because there is this really awesome, exclusive photographer club called the "cool shirt club." Actually, my sister and I made it up, but it basically consists of the really "cool" photographers that we meet at conventions (they are all very hip and they wear really arty shirts)(OH! And they all have Macs, so we are saving our money). There are about 100 reasons why Mel and I don't think we will ever be a part of the cool shirt club, but we are hoping that if we lose a few lbs, we might have a chance! Please don't take me too seriously, it's all in great fun--but seriously, I do want to lose a few.

The other really cool part of fitday is that you can make your journal public and create a support system of friends or family that are working on weight too! You can see how the other people in your support group are doing and encourage each other.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know so that I wasn't hogging all the fabulous online discoveries.

No comments: